AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a happy registered Dilard user with a Dukane 9000 projector (same as JVC G1000 I think). Dilard works fine with this projector, but I've had a consistent problem with the backup wizard not being able to backup the image geometry area data. The area data can be backed up for individual areas by the Image Geometry wizard, but the Backup wizard fails consistently.

Mark is aware of this problem, and apparently a few people with older versions of this projector have this problem, although most people with this projector and I guess everybody with other projector models do not have this problem. I had the opportunity tonight to try the backup wizard with another Dukane 9000 bought in a separate batch from my first, and it also had the same problem.

I noticed when detecting the new projector that its ROM level is the same as my original 9000's ROM level: 1.0.0. It occurred to me perhaps those who have this projector but can successfully use the backup wizard have a later ROM level... If there is anyone using Dilard with a Dukane 9000 (or JVC G1000, although I guess those could all have different ROM versions in any case), could you post whether you can successfully use the backup wizard or not and what your ROM version is?

I also wondered if I could somehow get a ROM upgrade from Dukane / JVC if it turns out to be the differentiating factor in the problem... Not being able to use the backup wizard for area data is not necessarily a critical function, but I know I'm also having problems with the new calibration wizard as well in Dilard, possibly from the same root cause (backlevel ROM). I know Mark will get this fixed, but it sure would be nice to not have to worry about such problems...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dan,

I have a Dukane 9000D projector and don't have a problem backing up the geometry area data. Dilard says the projector's ROM version is 4.1.1.

Interestingly, though, it also says that the Manufacturer and Model is JVC G11, but it's not quite sure of this, as it puts up a dialog saying "The Wizard could not positively identify your projector manufacturer and model ...".

I'm anxiously waiting to get the colorimeter so that I can try out the new calibration wizard.

Bo Lewendal

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Guys,

Care to stop by the thread regarding this issue and pick up over there?

I'm trying to find a pattern to see when/why this has come up a few times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.