AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I sure hope soon. I hope to see an even better picture with Mark's latest addition to Dilard.

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 5/25/01

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Guys,

In the spirit of the Panamorph, I should post delays when they occur.

The delay with the Gamma Wizard is really the "pre-requisites". The projector has to be near a known state for the Gamma Wizard to do it's thing. Of course, if I had a projector in front of me, it would be pretty easy to get the projector into the prep-state for the Gamma Wizard, but that isn't the model for the software.

I wish that it were as easy as whacking the prerequisites into the projector, but they vary from machine to machine. In other words, everything must be calculated, leaving nothing to "wishful thinking".

On the bright side, the code is getting really tight. I had some screen shots to post, but I think that I will hold onto them for a little while longer until the stuff is closer.

I would estimate that it will ready for release in "two weeks" http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif .

(Just kidding...that was a friendly little Panamorph joke...just playing with you, Shawn!). I suppose that is as good an estimate as any...I was 2 weeks away 2 months ago, but I won't let it out until it can consistently, reliably, repeatedly produce the same results with the projector in different "initial" states.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the update Mark. What exactly do you do to get a projector near the proper state? Is it coarse adjustment of a particular reference color, or ?

Jeff

BTW, is dilard.com down or is my dns on the blink?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Cool.

Speaking of Panamorph will the addition of the Panamorph change these set ups? That is, now what ever settings we have, will they be roughly 25 to 33% brighter and thus may change our settings and your gamma wizard? Am I off base here or will this be an issue?

Chuck

·
Registered
305 Posts
dilard.com is down for me too.

------------------

D-ILA, HTPC, HDTV, Panamorph(?)

"I owe you PAIN !" -- Willow to Glory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.