AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my sensor with no instructions so I went to dilard.com and looked up the tips and still am confused on what to do, first it mentions to mount the sensor 7 ' away directly lined up with the lens, well my projector is mounted on a wall inverted, with the lens center 14" from the ceiling, do I mount the sensor the same or what? it also mentions so have the shadow of the sensor in the middle of the screen. I am using a 16x9 screen running threw a quadscan scaler. anything special I should do their, should I bypass it? I noticed someone ran their projector full zoom, before running the setup is this something you should do? I hate calling and bother Mark H. but what the heck, how about some drawing on what it should look like when the sensor is set up correctly. I hate to start not really knowing what the correct procedure is? HELP!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Ken, you DON'T want to see a drawing of how I set my sensor up. It was hideous. I had the sensor mounted on a three legged tripod sitting atop my G11 box, with that sitting on top of two chairs. That's the only way I could get it high enough. It ended up being about six feet off the floor. It worked, though. ;)

I pointed the sensor slightly up toward the lens.

I did do the full zoom thing, but don't know if that was good, bad or didn't matter.

Chris

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
:D

My setup was similarly hideous. To reach my inverted G11, I set a tripod on top of some white pillar-looking pedestals that held flowers at our wedding in a previous life.

They were happy to have a new role.

I also use a 16x9 screen. The instructions are the same. The sensor should be positioned so the shadow lands in the center of your desktop.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark did I read you right is the shadow of the sensor shown in the center of the desktop? i thought it was the center of screen. since i have didlard on a different machine now other than my laptop do i have to get a new license? or can i use the old one. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.