AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud owner of the new Pronto Pro, and want to get cracking on setting it up.

I recall that a while back, a forum member put together some nice Pronto and Dilard macros for controlling a D-ILA with a pronto. I did some searches in this forum, and couldn't locate them. Could somebody point me to the right place?

I'm hoping to do much of my system automation coding via Dilard macros, talking to my other devices thru RS232, and then talk to Dilard via the Pronto.

I'm especially interested in some documentation for the macro language used in Dilard, especially something covering whether or not I can use Dilard to send RS232 commands. (I want to send RS232 to my processor (Theta Casa Nova). The Theta has commands up the wazoo you can send it via RS232, but I can't find any documentation on Pronto codes I can send to it direct via IR.)

Thanks!

- Dave

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Chris is right. In the \\Pronto folder, there is the .CCF file that Ken Liles created for controlling the projector (indeed, many parts of an HTPC based theater) with a Pronto.

The language that Dilard uses is standard VBScript , so there are code examples just about everywhere on the web for decision-making, looping and branching constructs (If...Then, Do...Loop, For...Next), etc.

Some things are made easier by the Dilard objects like "Projector" (controlling your D-ILA), "Task" (controlling other applications) and "Dilard".

These are full two-way objects that can be queried as well as commanded (For instance, "Projector.InputTerminal=dilaComputer2" will switch to Computer2, and "x=Projector.InputTerminal" will put the current input in use into the variable X).

Those Pronto Pros look pretty sweet! Let us know how it goes.

By the way, Dilard doesn't expose a way to send arbitrary RS232 to any device. It is pretty much specific to the projector. That's a good idea, though. Maybe someday, with enough time, that could be added (my audio processor can be controlled that way as well).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Guys.

I thought the code samples I saw looked like VBScript, but didn't see it expicitly mentioned. I'm sure I can find a VBScript accessable object that will give me RS232 control.

Mark - are the Projector and Dilard object interfaces documented anywhere?

- Dave

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Dave-

A few months back, Mark was kind enough to put up with me in getting the Pronto integrated into Dilard. He put in a lot of work to accomodate the automation required via the macro capabilities and some additional triggering mechanisms that weren't in Dilard at the time.

The result, as Chris pointed out, is virtually total theater control capability using the Pronto to engage Dilard macros. The goal was to create a starting tool-set that allowed each Dilard user who has an HTPC to create a Home Theater control experience that is actually easier to use than non-HTPC setups.

(This greatly smoooothes the HT-wife-justification procedure!)

Your approach to use Dilard macro to serially communicate with your non-IR gear is a good one and should produce the results you're looking for.

The Dilard .ccf and associated control file comes with some documentation on suggested uses; and feel free to e-mail with any specific questions or issues.

ken

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Dave,

The Dilard macros along with the Pronto macros will give you near 100% total system operation.

With the recent addition of the Radeon VE card, I spent hours getting it set up to complete automation. Dilard even runs the little atidvd.reg file before opening the ATI player.

I use the normal IR learned commands from various remotes to control my Lexicon, tuner, vcr, cd player, etc.

You may have read some saying that teaching the Pronto things like Ctrl-Alt-xx is hard to do, but I've never had a k/b command yet that I couldn't teach to the Pronto.

Keep in mind that all those k/b hotkey commands, such as mine that has Ctrl-Shift-+ switch the resolution to 1360 x 768, can then be taught to the Pronto. You'll need to make up a screen with various boxes and/or icons in the Prontos devices first though. E-mail if you want to check out my CCF and Dilard "Play Movie" macros.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.