AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am not around the projector or Dilard as I send this, so I am working from memory. In the early days the auto detection of the correct projector was a hiccup. But the later versions are very good. Also, there is a pulldown that allows you to redesignate the correct projector. Do you have version 2.1?

Vince

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Usually the answer to your question is almost simultaneous. Your timing is indeed bad , since I beleive Mark Hunter is still honeymooning.

·
Registered
891 Posts
My G15 gets recognized as a G11 -- but you can change it manually. I think Mark can get some information from those of us with incorrectly recognized projectors to fix it, once he gets back.

But I don't think it's a big deal.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Good Afternoon!

I'm just getting back from Paradise (Antigua) and thought I'd see what you folks were up to today.

Nachin - This is "normal" in the sense that it does happen to others, but clearly, it is sub-optimal. The problem is mainly that the firmware of the projector does not always match the actual model (A G11 may identify itself as a G1000, etc.).

Dilard tries to be "smart" and uses the ROM version of the projector to try to guess the real model from a look-up table. Unfortunately, this system isn't completely foolproof, either. The drop-down list presents other choices for the projector model and pre-selects the most likely choice.

The model does matter when Dilard makes model specific decisions in the Wizards.

Mark

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyboby,

I have 2.1 trial version and I don´t want to upgrade until I will sure that this is not an issue.

The problem is that manualy the G11 don´t appear in the menu.

There is a way to solve it?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mark,

Can you explain me how to change from G1000 to G11?

I have bougth me license as G1000.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Ignacio,

Although you can hack your Registry to input the data manually, the easiest solution is just to re-run the "Projector Detector Wizard".

Once you projector is detected, if the "best guess" is incorrect, just select the correct model from the drop-down list.

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nachin:
Yes, but the problem is that the G11 model it´s not in the pull down menu.
That's strange, considering that my G15 is consistently, incorrectly, recognized as the JVC G11.

What entries are in the list?

-Ted-

[This message has been edited by tlum (edited 10-04-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.