AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a LN52B550 about a week and a half ago. It is a 60hz model, as you know, and I plan on keeping it for a loooooong time. That said I am wondering if I should have gone to a 120hz model instead? I am mainly interested in extending the life of my TV by not having to buy another one in 2-3 years.

If you guys could let me know if there is a comparable Samsung that does well at 120hz for under 2k that would be greeaaaaaaaaat since my time to exchange the one I just purchased is getting limited.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would want to stay with a 52" and I was looking at the 630. So Im assuming going to 120hz is going to be better off then? Thank you SO much for replying also I know how redundant some questions can be, I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
As long as you like the picture that your tv gives you, don't return it. People fuss too much about 60 or 120 or 240 or some other crap that really doesn't matter as long as you like the tv.

You aren't limiting yourself in anyway by keeping the tv you just bought as long as you like it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschnare /forum/post/17039564

As long as you like the picture that your tv gives you, don't return it. People fuss too much about 60 or 120 or 240 or some other crap that really doesn't matter as long as you like the tv.

You aren't limiting yourself in anyway by keeping the tv you just bought as long as you like it.

I am mainly going to game and watch sports as well as bluray movies so I was curious if going 120 would help overall.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStyle /forum/post/17040667

I am mainly going to game and watch sports as well as bluray movies so I was curious if going 120 would help overall.

I think I would opt for the 120hz B650 or B630. Now that 240hz TVs are beginning to become popular, 60hz Tvs will soon go the way of VHS tapes and cell phones that just let you make phone calls.
120hz will become the standard just like 60hz is now.

I also think your blu-rays will look much better on a 120hz TV. However, it's you money and your choice, but since you asked...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts