AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...gjn.0&MID=9876

if the link doesn't work, search "LutronMaestro IR® 600W-White Dimmer with Infrared Receiver"

Here's a link to a dimmer switch from Home Depot that I bought and use. I have not programmed it to a Universal remote, but simply use the included remote.

It really is a must if you get up to turn off the lights.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i bought something like that before and couldent figure out how to install it. I read the instructions and the colour of wires in my wall socket did not match those in the instructions. They even gave alternate colour that people may have but my colours whee not listed. I tried wiring it anyway and sparks flew and smoke came out (obviously had the wrong wires). I returned that to the store and have since been using a koolatron remote light swith (which I hte because it goes on and off with other remotes and does not work properly.

Im gonna buy this one and try it today, I hope some of you can help me hook it up to my wall socket.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The LutronMaestro IR is pretty cool little tweak for $40. Of course it's not a full blown system or anything, but I installed it on the main lighting in the family room. Works great programed to our URC remote. Dim the lights manually and/or use it in a macro for a little wow factor to dim the lights when DVD is selected.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
i bought something like that before and couldent figure out how to install it. I read the instructions and the colour of wires in my wall socket did not match those in the instructions. They even gave alternate colour that people may have but my colours whee not listed. I tried wiring it anyway and sparks flew and smoke came out (obviously had the wrong wires). I returned that to the store and have since been using a koolatron remote light swith (which I hte because it goes on and off with other remotes and does not work properly.

Thanks, I have exactly the same problem, I don't feel quite as bad now!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went to home depot and bought one but I got the wrong one. I seemed to have picked up one with RF instead, so thats no good for me. I didnt see any ir with remote types at the store. Perhaps cause im Canada? Or perhaps my home depot is just crap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.