AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First post but have been reading for months. My construction phase is almost done and we are to begin installing lighting in the next week.

I have two 4 gang plates intended for 8 separate dimmer switches (rope lights, can lights, step lights, etc.) I am trying to find dimmer switches which can be remotely controlled with a touchscreen remote. The Harmony 1100 comes to mind but I am open to alternatives.

Optimally the switches could be dimmed independently and have programmable scenes. My HT guys quoted me $100 each, and then still would have only 4 programmed scenes, no individual control.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
672 Posts
See this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=557480

It has a lot of information on the Grafix Eye light control system. I am controlling it with my Harmony/Logitech 670 remote via IR and it works great. I question your need for eight individual circuits. Mainly because most of us have trouble keeping four or five things organized.

I am using a Grafix Eye 3102 and have four scenes (out of the six that I programed) which we currently use. (Moderate light level scene for entry and exit, one low level scene to allow for DVD/Blu-ray changing, a very low level scene for watching TV--mainly sports, and the completely off scene for movie watching) One other scene that we use is accessible only from the control panel and that turns all lights to full brightness for cleaning.

I believe that the Grafix Eye will store at least sixteen scenes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts