AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a real shame for a new show not to be done in HD, a real shame.. It is possible they didnt want to go HD because of the vast CGI, but at least they could've done a widescreen upconvert from a similar source the DVD was done. Seriously, I thought networks were to air every new show in HD, guess not :(

·
Registered
21,720 Posts
Here in Phoenix I only glanced at it for a minute but it appeared to fill the entire 16:9 screen and to be in HD!!! Or was I drinking too much (water, as I have a cold)?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Nor in Hampton, VA although the sound registered as AC-3. Probably fooled my processor. I noticed that once in a great while that happens.

·
Registered
924 Posts
No HD on WQAD, this program was originally supposed to are a month ago or longer and I could have sworn that it was advertised as HD.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I doubt they would make the series in HD, when the original miniseries special (which they called a "megaseries") wasn't.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Given the poor acting, poor story line, and poor CG, I don't think Dinotopia will be around long enough to get to HD.

-phil

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah the megaseries was much better... they had to scale back ($$) a lot on the CGI for a regular series I guess...

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Bargain-basement CGI and amateur acting do not a series make... and according to this Washington Post article , the show was watched by under six million viewers--less than half the number of viewers for the May miniseries. Dinotopia will soon be extinct.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just to point out a flaw in the current seriese, ABC/Disney/Hallmark entertainment went through several contracts with folks to do the CGI.

The company that ended up with it in the end was not the one that did it originally.

The bluescreening and lighting in the first episode last week was abysmal. I have seen better work come from the hands of the Babylon 5 creators. (and they did it on an AMIGA!!!)

What we saw last week was neither the best they had to offer nor the most entertaining storyline.

Sad...what a way to ruin a perfectly good story.

-Warlock

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.