AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Link

How is the Dinovo Edge Mouse Pad?

See the link to see what I mean, it's on the bottom righ of the keyboard.

Is it awkward to surf the web?

How does it feel browsing music in Tunes or WMP?

How is Web Browsing?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It works great same as my sons hp laptop, and I especially like the scrolling feature. As a bonus it works with the PS3 too, right click is the triangle button enter is the x button backspace is the circle and escape is the square button. the only pain is you have to pair it up each time you switch between the PS3 and the pc.

·
Registered
847 Posts
the keyboard itself is very nice, the keys, the size, all feel very good. The mousepad, to me, is good for pointing and clicking, but not for scrolling....scrolling is very iffy, it works sometimes and not others, you have to touch it precisely.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I agree about scrolling, and even with the speed turned up all the way, its still relatively slow scrolling. Also, another thing that bothers me about it is that there's no option to turn off the tap to click, I always have to turn that off on laptops but have no choice here that I can find.

Its good for web use, but obviously if you plan on gaming you'll need a mouse as well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am using it right now--I don't even have another mouse on my HTPC. It works awesome for me. It is the best touchpad I have ever used. The scrolling feature is neat, and useful if you just need to move a little bit--but I agree it's too slow for heavy use. And I couldn't live without the tap to click, so it doesn't bother me too much if I can't turn it off...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I actually have a question for people. Do you use it in the front USB ports, or the back? I have it in the back USB ports and lose signal from time to time. (Around 8 feet away). When I attach it to the front, it works almost all the time.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a support ticket open with LS right now on a similar issue. I do sometimes experience lag and sometimes even lose the signal. I've read others that were very successful replacing the Logitech dongle with a generic BT one, But I am furious at having to spend an extra $20 to make a $200 keyboard work reliably. I haven't tried a front USB port, because I won't even consider that as an option on my HTPC.

Me, I figured out what a BIG part of my problem was--the friggin' SetPoint software. The second I uninstalled that, my machine is more responsive--and so is my keyboard! The problem doesn't happen near as often, and is not near as severe when it does.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had to move my BT USB up front. In the back it would drop sometimes.

All in all, it works great. Takes some getting used to the touchpad, but I came around.

Sweet looking too! Just need to clean it a bit often to take off smudges.

Ted

·
Registered
278 Posts
I actually have my HTPC downstairs and use the Edge from the floor above. Don't have any problems with drop outs or signal strength. I love this keyboard, very responsive!

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
I have no qualms with the touch pad. It does not feel as good as the pad on my laptop, but really that is probably more to the fact that I use the laptop pad 99% more. The size of the pad is not an issue for me, but I prefer to drag lift reposition and drag some more to keep my finger in the middle of the pad (vs. dragging across the whole area of the pad), just the way I prefer to use trackpads.

As for the complaints about range, the included dongle seems to be just as good as my other BT thumbdrive (which the Edge works with no problem). Don't get too bent out of shape. Bluetooth still uses RF and if you are positioning your dongle such that the computer case is directly between your kb and the dongle, well what do you think is going to happen? You are putting a big metal RF attenuator (that radiates a lot of its own stray RF signals) between the two. Get a 3' USB extension cord and plug your dongle into that. Then you can put the dongle up above the case and the keyboard will have a much easier time talking to it.

-Suntan

·
Registered
297 Posts
I second what Suntan has said about using a USB extension. I use one for the Dinovo and one for my mouse. Lets me place the dongles anywhere I want. The upside is that I can remove them and use them on my laptop or another PC/PS3 much easier because they are easier to get to.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
It's a little weird, and far from perfect. Other than the very confined space you have to work with the most irritating thing is that I sometimes get a sort of "sticky" response where a finger movement across the pad isn't detected the first (and sometimes second) try. Other than that I'm mostly impressed with the fact that it actually works as well as it does; given the size of the thing my expectations weren't high.

We also have a Logitech wireless mouse and my 9 year old daughter ends up getting a TV tray and setting the keyboard and the mouse on the tray and using them both while she sits cross legged on the couch with the TV tray in her lap if shes using the DiNovo and the big screen. A little unorthodox but she says she prefers a "real" mouse. We end up playing two player games with her using the real keyboard and regular mouse at the computer in the corner (90 degrees to the big screen) while I use the DiNovo on the big screen. Given a choice she'll always pick the regular mouse. She's very flexible when it comes to input devices (we've tried many since her younger sister has CP and doesn't have good hand control) so in a way I think she makes a good sort of non-biased tester, if that helps you any...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts