1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think I am going to get one as well. Already using the diNovo Edge, and I think I would sometimes like something a little smaller for most HTPC tasks. If I do, I'll make sure to post my thoughts up here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm going to get one as well. For the very handy form factor and functionality, the price doesn't look that bad to me.

--Don

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaeed /forum/post/12903574

saw it at CES, the pictures don't do it justice. Its really small and the perfect keyboard/mouse for a HTPC.

Esp for those who are hooked on the Crackberry (smartphone) keyboard and can type using their thumbs....

·
Registered
847 Posts
here's a video, enjoy, it does look like a perfect companion for htpc and light keyboarding/typing...if only it had IR capabilities to change channles etc

i own 2 dinovo edge keyboards and love them, might buy this one for my 3rd room after i see it in person
http://techdigest.tv/2008/01/ces_2008_logite.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone gotten this yet? I'm interested to pick it up but I'm curious about whether or not they added Alt key to it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugalz /forum/post/13406566

Has anyone gotten this yet? I'm interested to pick it up but I'm curious about whether or not they added Alt key to it. Thanks.

No. I am waiting on my pre-order. They where suppose to have been out at the beginning of Mar, but still not available as of yet that I am aware of.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/13407188

No. I am waiting on my pre-order. They where suppose to have been out at the beginning of Mar, but still not available as of yet that I am aware of.

Amazon and a few online retails have it in stock for a week now it seems.

·
Registered
435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugalz /forum/post/13406566

I'm curious about whether or not they added Alt key to it. Thanks.

Same here. I don't understand having 2 SHIFT keys and no ALT key. I wonder if there is no ALT key if we will be able to map one of the SHIFT keys to be the ALT key. Just a thought. Either way, I'm still looking forward to this keyboard. I'll probably hold off until Logitech puts out a rebate on it. They usually toss out a really good rebate a few months after a product launches.

Ronnie

·
Registered
114 Posts
ive had this keyboard for about a 1.5 months now, and i will say that its the best htpc keyboard/mouse out there. i dont even use my harmony 1000 anymore.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Ferrell /forum/post/13408283

I've read that they "supposedly" redesigned it to include an ALT key on the "release" version.

If that's true it's a definite buy for me

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Does the thing have a membrane pad for the keys or are they individual keys with some real motion to them when you press them?

-Suntan

·
Registered
882 Posts
Will this thing work natively without having any sort of Windows drivers loaded? For example, can you use it in the BIOS or to choose to boot into a different OS, before Windows boots up? I don't want to be forced to have a real keyboard hooked up at all times.

Edit: I'd also like to hear definite proof, from someone who owns one, about whether an ALT key is included. Not having an ALT key is a deal breaker.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Being bluetooth, I don't see how you'd be able to use it in bios without any drivers loaded. I honestly have no experience with bluetooth on a PC beyond syncing my Treo and using my printer from my laptop so I don't know.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Actually if I'm not mistaken, you can use this to enter the BIOS on your PC as long as you are using the supplied Logitech bluetooth dongle. I think it can communicate with the keyboard without drivers. Now if you are using some kind of built-in bluetooth or a different USB dongle, I doubt you will be able to enter the BIOS with it.

I could be 110% wrong on this though...

Ronnie

1 - 20 of 58 Posts