AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question which is better for dd5.1 and/or dts? I will be going out to a Harmon Kardon avr-120.

Thanx

·
Registered
719 Posts
I believe the performance of these cards is identical. Others might be able to point out differences, but I know of only two.

The audiophile uses a dongle for cable attachment. There are more connectors, but I think they are midi or some other non-hometheater connection.

The Audiophile has coaxial digital out only. The Dio has both coaxial and optical outs.

I have one of each of these cards, and cannot tell the difference in sound quality. BTW, the on board DACs must be pretty darn good. I use the analog out on the Dio to listen to ripped APE files, and the sound is very good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I was hoping.

By the way after researching these cards on this board I am still curious about the DTS / DD5.1 playback on these cards - Do you need to convert the audio on the HTPC or through an external receiver?

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nthusiast
Thanks. That's what I was hoping.

By the way after researching these cards on this board I am still curious about the DTS / DD5.1 playback on these cards - Do you need to convert the audio on the HTPC or through an external receiver?
External receiver via digital output.

BTW I have the Delta Dio & love it. Sounds great. Don't let anyone tell you that all sound cards/SPDIF sound the same. I don't even use my SB Live anymore. It sounds flat and pinched by comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.