AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm struggling with this diplexer thing I have going on.

I have a cable run into my basement, but my antenna is an indoor antenna near my tv. Can't I just connect the diplexer in front of the tv with the indoor antenna and the cable and plug it into the tv? I have that setup right now, but I have a really blurry cable signal.

I've read that you have to use diplexers in pairs. Isn't this impossible for me? I'm plugging it into a single device not a tv and a receiver.

BTW, the cable signal is coming from an upstairs receiver.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
22,654 Posts
You cannot combine cable and OTA (antenna). There is an overlap in frequencies.

Use an A/B switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks for clearing that up, however, I have another question.

Let's say I'm trying to transmit that cable signal, can I use the terk leapfrog Leapfrog LF-30S Wireless 2.4 GHz A/V Distribution System? Does that plug in with rca cables or coax? I trying to avoid coax because that's my antenna plugin.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscsportsfan /forum/post/16997371

ok, thanks for clearing that up, however, I have another question.

Let's say I'm trying to transmit that cable signal, can I use the terk leapfrog Leapfrog LF-30S Wireless 2.4 GHz A/V Distribution System? Does that plug in with rca cables or coax? I trying to avoid coax because that's my antenna plugin.

Those wireless A/V distribution systems transmit A/V signals only. You would need a tuner to convert the cable or antenna signals to an A/V (the yellow, red, white RCA cables) signal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by egnlsn /forum/post/16999385

Those wireless A/V distribution systems transmit A/V signals only. You would need a tuner to convert the cable or antenna signals to an A/V (the yellow, red, white RCA cables) signal.

Ok, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/16995656

You cannot combine cable and OTA (antenna). There is an overlap in frequencies.

Use an A/B switch.

True to Ratman, and true you use diplexers are used in pairs, (male end of each pointing to the other male end of the other). One the dual port side one can be used for satellite and the other CATV, or OTA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts