AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can buy a Eagle Aspen Single Port Power Passive Diplexer for $5 on the web or buy a Terk Single Indoor/Outdoor Diplexer for DIRECTV at a local B&M store for $20.

In general, aren't diplexers mostly the same? I mean, why should I pay the $20 for the Terk? What diplexer (if any) do you have and can you reccomend it?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The cheap ones work just as well or just as badly depending on your system as they all cause loss of signal strength.;)

An occasional example will fail but there doesn't seem to be much of a correlation between price and failure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You should be aware that the diplexer should pass the power for the LNB. Not many of the cheapies do that. I have used the channel master diplexers which have a model for use with satellite systems that have a sharper filter cutoff. They are all pretty cheap so you can buy good ones easily.

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Sanchez
You should be aware that the diplexer should pass the power for the LNB. Not many of the cheapies do that.
:confused: They all do it. They wouldn't work at all otherwise. Most don't pass it on the antenna side but that's normally a good thing. It's a rare installation that can handle that.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SolidSignal
Use price as your guide.

They all work well!
I plan on putting the diplexer on the bottom end of my install (right before the SAT-HD200) to get antenna and sat feeds into it.

Which diplexer do you reccommend? Would the Eagle Aspen Single Port Power Passive Diplexer (D-2100LX) work?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
rickypicky,

You just posted the answer to your question in the quote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.