Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a pair of citation dipole 7.3 speakers. I am going to try them on my sides (instead of my directs)..in a 5.1 setup..I've never owned dipoles and these are switchable to what they call "direct drive mode" I guess that means bipole ? ..My question is, if I set them in bipole will I still get more dispersion then with direct radiators ? ..

These have angled baffles with tweeters on each side with no tweeters/woofer facing out front. Direct side speakers in my small ht room are TOO direct and kinda bug me but at the same time I DO like some direction...Kinda confused, any help ?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Yes, try it both ways. My preference would be bi-polar, but then, I'm prejudiced.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If your room is small you may prefer the dipole choice. You must really try both options and decide for yourself. If you prefer directionality then you should choose the "direct" option which will turn those speakers into bipoles.

Try both ways using various DVD's and let us know which you prefer and why.

Generally speaking bipoles are more directional then dipoles but less directional then your "directs" that you had there in the first place.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The one thing I dont like about the 7.3 is that they put the switch on the back , so if you want to switch you have to take down your speaker, woulda been great if they would have put the switch on front and then you could switch back/forth on the fly...

The other fly in the ointment that I didnt want to mention (as to not confus the topic) is that I still have my direct speakers and may try to incorperate them in a 7.1 setup...the problem is I only have two feet behind me to the rear wall.. I was thinking of putting them behind my couch on the floor facing up ?....Im open to all possibilites, maybe dipoles in the back ?...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.