AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I'm looking to the hive mind here for an opinion on how best to mount my surround dipoles (they are Paradigm). I've attached a quick diragram of my room layout with the dilema:

The big brown rectangle is the couch. It's firm against the back wall with the projector right above it on a shelf mount. The couch is around 8' or so from the (overhead) right wall BUT from the left wall, it's huge..around 20' or so. So putting a dipole on the right side is pretty well no problem but for the left...any ideas? The best I can come up with so far is to have some kind of mount protroding from the wall (almost shelf like) or a stand on the left side.

The 2 black squares in front and just to the side of the couch are the posts that hold up the house (this is a basement). I'd almost considered mounting the dipoles on there but figured having them ahead of the listener would probably sound a bit pants.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Sometimes your ears, not your eyes, are the best judge. I would try them on the left and right walls. I know the left is way far, but you may be suprised that it sounds ok. Adjust your distances in your reciever and try it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting...running the wire over there will be a pain but it could be a possible solution. Any other opinions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts