AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How should I place my four bipole/dipole surounds when in dipole mode?.....They are Polk fxi30's and they are labeled left and right and each one has a tweeter by itself on one side and a tweeter and a driver on the other side. I know how to place them for 5.1 but for 7.1 how do I place the back surrounds.....Should I place the speaker labeled right as the left back surround and the speaker labeled left as the back right surround
?....this would have the drivers facing inwards towards my main listening posistion.

Thanks!,

Brian

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian27 /forum/post/0

Should I place the speaker labeled right as the left back surround and the speaker labeled left as the back right surround
?

Yes -this is correct.
Quote:
....this would have the drivers facing inwards towards my main listening posistion.

I'm not following you here. If they are mounted on a back wall then the drivers would face sideways, not into the room.

Ed

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb /forum/post/0

Yes -this is correct.

I'm not following you here. If they are mounted on a back wall then the drivers would face sideways, not into the room.

Ed

Thats how I meant it, though was hard to explain at the time. I sit in the middle seat and would be directly in between the speakers and the 5 1/4in. drivers would be kind of facing each other on the back wall and the sides of the speakers with only the 1 tweeter would be facing the left and right side walls. The side surrounds have their 5 1/4in. drivers facing towards the front of the room. This is all correct then, I take it..? Right now they are in bipole mode but was wanting to try out the dipole mode. I think THX used to recommend 4 dipoles all the way around for surround speakers if you were not using a receiver with their THX/2 or Ultra/2 certification with their ASA processing...

Thanks,

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.