AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of a Rocket system for HT and multi-channel audio. I was wondering how much of an issue is the 300's lack of a Vifa ring tweeter, as far as keeping sound coherance with the rest of the Vifa ring including speakers. Can you notice the difference in tone?

I noticed the Polk's new line has a dipole speaker that does include the Vifa ring tweeter ... would that blend better, or would the different woofer become a major issue?

Is there any possibility of a new Rocket dipole that contains the Vifa ring tweeter?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin_HT
does this mean that no one here has a Rocket package with 300's
Uh... Almost?

Got my Yellow delivery e-mail, they are due to be delivered Thursday evening.

Rocket 750's

Rocket 200

Rocket 300's (as rear, hanging on the wall)

I already have Rocket 150's (bedroom), and intend to compare the 150's to the 300's to ensure the 300's sound better as rear speakers.

[edit] It is also my understanding, from posts by Mark and other AVS employees, as well as talking to them on the phone, that their speakers are all quite timbre-matched; it should not be an issue mixing and matching them as they have been designed to work well together. Many of their packages mix Vifa-based fronts with their "custom tweeter" rear/surrounds -- packages 2-7, to be specific! That implies a solid confidence on their part that the 150 or 300 speakers match quite well with the 250, 550 or 750 mains.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Check out the review Mike Knapp posted on HTT and also look at the review posted on www.audiorevolution.com. They both talk about this...

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.