Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried a search on this forum and cam up empty. My question is can the Direcduo set-up receive the HDTV bird as well as the standard directv signals. Basically, can I use the one eliiptical dish to get Directv, directtv HD, and the signals for interent use? I emailed direcpc and directtv and have received ZERO response.

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
I believe they have a new dish out that allows all three birds to be picked up. I have seen an advertisement but don't know if it is available.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Starband for Dish can do 2 sats (same as Dish 500) and comm, but I can find no reference, advertisement, or even a broader rumor of a a .... DirecTrio or whatever they may call it. Please point me to a reliable source, given the "tilt" would be different for this arrangement than currently possible. 3 LNB sat dishes are common (8900 elliptical) but the LNB and arm for DirecPC is very different.

Appreciate substantiation, even if Chris' answer remains no,

Tim

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for your help, even thought the answers were not what I wanted to hear. :-( I am still trying to figure out the best way to get Direcpc(aol plus) regular directv and the hdtv feed from directv without having multiple dishes in my back yard. I guess I have to use a seperate dish pointed at the 119 degree bird and use the elliptical dish for direcpc and standard directv. The wife will NOT be pleased. :-( Add in the fact that I am putting up an antennae for OTA HDTV and I am pretty much divorced.

Thnaks again!

·
Banned
6,553 Posts
If I remember reading correctly, a new system called "Pegasus" is out for DirecPC that affords the ability to receive DirecTV, DirecTV HD, and DirecPC and best of all, it's a 2-way satellite system for internet access so you don't need a phone connection for the uplink. Do a search on the DirecPC website and see what turns up.

------------------

Dave Harper

TAW,Inc. Rep.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Pegasus is a rural area DirecTv derivative. I highly doubt they have a seperate 3 bird sat & two-way data comm in one dish. For this forum to be useful (particularly where divorce is the remedy) please respond with facts and references vs. guesses and innuendo.

Chris,

Remember your priorities. I think you'll have a broken home with Duo, a 18" for 119 & OTA antenna, but at least you'll have HD.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.