AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Why do you need those codes? The unit is technically always on anyways. Even with the little green light off, the unit is still on.

Steve

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just recieved my 3rd Mits SR-HD5 swappout unit. Both of the previous units failed the same way. My gut tells me that its heat related. I would assume that in "standby" mode only digital logic is powered up and I'd hope that the reciever subsection shuts down partially, and lowers the power draw & heat output.

Can't hurt to put this unit into standby when I shutdown my system. Currently it is always ON.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I got the Mit's shortly after they were released and leave it on all the time. So far no problems. My unit is sitting on the shelf by itself with no airfolw obstructions. It gets warm but not hot. I don't know what circuitry is powered OFF when the unit is powered OFF but I suspect it's not much (perhaps just the mpeg decoder and video output citcuits). From my observations the receiver portion is always on so it can receive email and guide info....

------------------

Geof

[This message has been edited by Geof (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just an FYI. I have not noticed much of a difference in heat output with the unit "Off" as opposed to On.

My cats will testify to this as well, as I had to add a couple of unobstructing-to-airflow objects d'art to the top of the STB in order to keep them from sleeping on it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.