AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three direct tv HD boxes lined up (I am creating a "sports bar" in my house). My question is that I am having trouble keeping the remotes for each box separate. I know of at least 2 codes- 00001 and 00002. I was wondering if there are additional codes that would work so each remote would control a separate box (i tried 00003 and it did not work).

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Edmund. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that means. One of the boxes (it is h10) is controlled by an MX 850. The other 2 boxes are controlled by individual Direct TV remotes. Both of the Direct TV remotes work fine. My problem is that the MX 850 seems to be controlling one of the boxes, so everytime I change the channel (or do anything else) both TV's work in tandem. I see that there are options to switch from between RF and IF, but I don't know what that means, or how to do it, or what the implications are. I tried using different codes,for the direct tv remotes tv's, but I could only find 2 codes, of which only 1 seems to be effective with my tv's. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I believe you need to change the "channel" that the box is listening on. This not the channel that you are watching. There is a place in the setup menu to change this on my D* boxes. I have two lcd's tvs in my bar and I changed the channel id on the stb and remote and now each remote only controls one box.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.