AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon me for posting this subject in this portion of the forum, but I am at the office passing some time reading the threads when a commercial came on our TVs that almost knocked me out of my seat it was so loud. You folks on this page seem to be very knowledgeable about alot of things when it comes to any sort of video entertainment so I thought I would just toss this out there.

We are receiving broadcast via Direct TV and it seems that the commercials on CNBC are broadcasted significantly louder that the rest of the show. (and it is getting worse).

Everyone in the office is starting to complain. Isn't this activity illegal? Who is the culprit? Direct TV, CNBC, or the advertiser?

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Thanx for the input

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've noticed the same thing from CNBC on Comcast Cable in the Philly area. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've notcied it before. I didn't notice it this morning (11/2) or yesterday though.

Rob

·
Registered
212 Posts
I notice a lot of sound problems with DirecTv. There is no consistency from channel to channel. Since we're talking HD here, just go from 509 to 199 as an example - you can hardly hear the sound on 199. Maybe we'll have to add a macro to the remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.