AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a bar/grill that we just installed Direct TV in. We have 2 HD boxes and 8 standard definition boxes.

Each of the standard definition boxes (8) split and go to two TV's each using standard RF cable. Right now, the HD boxes only go to projection TV' s using HDMI cables. Since we only use the projection TV's during special events, I want to send the HD signal to one additional TV each. In addition to the HDMI connection, the HD box also has component video/audio connections. Can I simply use these to feed the other TV's? If not, what is the best way to do it?

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
627 Posts
I;m pretty sure that the component and HDMI outputs are active simultaneously so you should be able to run 2 TV's (same channel of course). I'm 95% sure my H20 and HR20's would do so, but I guess the newer units could have changed.

I guess you could also get a 1in-2+out HDMI or Component distribution amp/switches to run 2 (or more) TV's.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
All the outputs are always active on the H2x and HR2x Directv receivers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.