AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you can help me I got a Direct tv HD DVR Gennie am not sure I was given the right remote could you post the remote which goes with the Direct tv HD DVR Gennie do theses go with the DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 Direct tv HD DVR Gennie

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
No, the hr34 oem remote model is the rc65rx. But any of the following Rf directv remotes would work: rc32rb, rc34, rc64r, rc64rb, rc65r, rc65rx, and rc65rbx.

The THR22 tivo remote is not the RC71, this is the THr22 remote:

http://www.wkblog.com/tivo/2012/02/directv-tivo-thr22-extra-remotes/

where the rc71 is this remote, second photo down:

http://forums.solidsignal.com/showthread.php/3893-WHITE-PAPER-Using-your-DIRECTV-remote-with-your-TV

The rc71 is the oem remote for HR44 genie, only works the hr34 in IR mode, but not RF mode.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edmund which works better with the DIRECTV dvrhd34 gennie theDIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Stop putting the THR22 tivo in the same sentence as the rc71 remote, they have nothing to do with each other.

The best remotes for hr34 is the rc65rx or rc65rbx.

The thr22 tivo peanut remote would control the hr34 in both IR and RF modes, but the tv codes the tivo peanut uses are only found in the thr22 tivo receivers on-screen menu. Where the tv code in the hr34 menu are useless. They are only good on the white directv remotes like ones listed in my first post.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edmund The thr22 tivo peanut remote can it be programed the buttons for tv and record and the New Gennie Remote ? to I do not like the record buttons on remotes for hr34 is the rc65rx or rc65rbx.the

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
To program the THr22 remote to the hr34 in IR mode:

1. press and hold Tivo & Pause until light remains on, release

2. press #1 key, or whichever between 1-8 that matches the receivers IR address.

If the HR34 is in RF mode, then to get the tivo peanut to control it:

1. press and hold Tivo & Stop until the light remains on, release

2. enter the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID#(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment

As I wrote, the tivo peanut can control a tv, but the tv codes are only found in the menu of the thr22 receiver, which I do not have access to, to help program the tivo remote to your brand of tv.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Reading your other thread at sat guys, in it you say you have a standard tivo remote, which WILL NOT control the HR34, only true THR22 peanut will. The thr22 uses a different codeset then a standard tivo remote, sorry. You can purchase the th22 peanut on directv.com, under remotes look for the RF tivo remote for sale.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund  /t/1479178/direct-tv-hd-dvr34-gennie#post_23474023

Reading your other thread at sat guys........

Was the title spelled incorrectly over there too?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edmund a little confused could you please post a link to the th22 peanut remote which goes with my Direct tv Model Receiver HR34-700

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will the RC34 remote work with the HR44-700 DVR? If so do you have any instructions on how to program the remote to work with the HR44-700? Thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am getting the DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs will all the buttons work the Direct tvdvrhd34 ?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportman1  /t/1479178/direct-tv-hd-dvr34-gennie#post_23483794

I am getting the DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs will all the buttons work the Direct tvdvrhd34 ?

I sure hope you took my advice, and haven't purchased any of the remotes you linked to? Some of the keys that won't work on the thr22 remote with hr34, are the SWAP, THUMBS UP & DOWN, and SLOW. You say you own stand alone tivo, the tv codes in that are the ones the thr22 remote uses, and not the ones in the menu of the hr34.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryor123  /t/1479178/direct-tv-hd-dvr34-gennie#post_23483781

Will the RC34 remote work with the HR44-700 DVR? If so do you have any instructions on how to program the remote to work with the HR44-700? Thank you

Not via RF, only by IR. Your hr44 has to be in IR mode. when it is, than the rc34 remote using code 00001 should control it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Edmund

I have Direct tv TIVO Genie HR-34-700 and getting the Remote THR22 or HR2X DVRs will all the buttons work with the Genie HR-34-700?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I already mentioned what keys won't work your hr34 using the THR22 remote. SWAP, UP & DOWN THUMBS, and SLOW key! again SWAP, UP & DOWN THUMBS, and SLOW, again SWAP, UP & DOWN THUMBS, and SLOW, get it!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Edmund yes I know won't work your hr34 using the THR22 remote. SWAP, UP & DOWN THUMBS, and SLOW key! again SWAP, UP & DOWN THUMBS, and SLOW, again SWAP, UP & DOWN THUMBS, and SLOW, get

What buttons work with the THR22 remote Example dose the

playlist

managing Recordings

Guide

Menu

play

fast forward

forward

mute

what other buttons work ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.