AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I have been a lurker on AVS Forums ever since I purchased my first Replay TV 2 years ago. I have searched the FAQs and the rest of the forums, and since I cannot find an answer to this issue, I am posting now.

Yesterday, I switched from Cable TV to DirecTV as they now offer an International package that broadcasts 7 channels in my native tongue. So let's get to the problem(s).

1. The recievers we got are D10s. Yeah, I know...darned software update prevents from changing to channels below 100. (see I have searched and know the answer to this which is essentially, "Tough!") If anyone has an update on this since "Try the Patersontech software update" posted on August 9, I'd appreciate it.

2. The reason for switching is because of the International Channel lineup. These are on Channels 2060-2067 on the DirecTV. On Replay's Channel Guide, these are on channels 927-933. If I tune to these channels on Replay, the DirecTV receiver doesn't change. I hope it's because of the D10 software update issue. Does anyone know if the Replay will resolve to channel 2060 (even though the Replay channel guide says it's on 927) if another Satellite receiver is used? I'd test it with the IR blaster, but oh wait, the IR Blaster isn't supported by the D10. Does anyone else have DirectTv with international channels that have gotten it to work with any other satellite receiver?

I just want my ReplayTV and my DirecTV to play nice, and my fiance wants to be able to record all her Filipino movies. *sigh*

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.