AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read conflicting posts about the availability of the very minimum direct tv programming package called Direct Tv Limited for $7.99.

It still exists but you will have to speak with a csr as it is not listed on the automatic package proigramming.

You need to ask for this package and further explain that it is for pay per view programming only.

Do NOT mention HdNet, as has been mentioned before.

Your csr will put you on hold while he seeks a supervisor.

So if you want the minimum package for HdNet, get the Direct Tv Limited for $7.99.

I just switched over after completing my one month program committment through the blockbuster $10 deal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Could you not just order HBO for 12.00 and get HDnet for free too? This is probably the better deal is it not?

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
DirecTV Limited also gets you HBOH (509) now, but not other HBO SD channels. In addition to the HD channels,

The Health Network

Home Shopping Network

NASA (119)

QVC

Inspirational Life (119)

Trinity Broadcasting Network

The Word Network

Channel J (119)

Claravision (119)

EWTN Spanish (119)

PBS You

StarNet (119)

Wordlink TV

Bloomberg

C-Span

Pay Per Views

And a few promo channels on 101 or 119.

If you only point to 119 for HDTV, you only get 119 channels.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Anybody pointed at both birds get any more channels? I did not knew you got 509 too! That makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm shocked to hear about 509 being included...this must be some sort of error, because DirecTV would be required to pay HBO for each subscriber to DirecTV limited if this were the case.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have Direct Tv Limited just for HdNet. I do not, repeat, not get 509 (HBO) with it. If anybody does get 509 with 199 (HdNet), they are getting something extra not included in the rgular programming package.

HdNet did not automatically turn on when I changed my programming. I had to call back and ask for it, and was told that it would appear on my bill with a $0.00 monthly charge. So it seems that DirectTv is counting bodies, possibly for some future programming cost. But for now, it remains free to anyone with aany basic subsription package.

I have other satellite providers from which I get the rest of my programming, including Network HD, Sho HD and HBO HD. HdNet is worth the $7.99 monthly cost to me.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by aviators99
I'm shocked to hear about 509 being included...this must be some sort of error, because DirecTV would be required to pay HBO for each subscriber to DirecTV limited if this were the case.
But only HD receivers can see HBOH, and no one can get HBO SD channels with Limited. I also believe HBO and Showtime do not allow additional charges for their HD channels. Which was why Dish initially offerred both HBOHD and SHOHD for anyone who can see them without subscription to HBO or SHO. Of course they later got greedy like DirecTV :)

A thread several days back reported a new HD package by DirecTV. About the same time many of us Limited viewers with HD receivers found out the HBOH in the clear. They may have indeed added an HD pack for $7.99.

I'd try to keep a low profile though, in case DirecTV did make a mistake we may not want to bring it to their attention :)

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Yeah, this is what I do. Both HDNet and HBOH are on 119. I also come to like Channel J, which is a Japanese channel broadcasted in English.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jacmyoung

But only HD receivers can see HBOH, and no one can get HBO SD channels with Limited.
That doesn't matter...DirecTV's agreement calls for a fee from each subscriber receiving any HBO at all.

Quote:

A thread several days back reported a new HD package by DirecTV. About the same time many of us Limited viewers with HD receivers found out the HBOH in the clear. They may have indeed added a HD pack for $7.99.
There was never a thread actually reporting a new HD package, although the subject of the thread led me to believe that too.

Quote:

I'd try to keep a low profile though, in case DirecTV did make a mistake we may not want to bring it to their attention :)
I agree that we do not want to bring this to anyone's attention, especially since it appears that some are getting it and some are not.

Happy 500th post to me!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Shop At Hope, Shop NBC and BYU TV (119) are also in the Limited Pak. Most channel in the Limited Pack are in the clear except Bloomberg and Health Net.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.