AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I know this is probaly not the right place to ask but I have to ask someone. I just got the fox channels on Direct TV and saw I Yes and Nesn but yesterday I tried to watch the Yankees and it said not available. I live in Cincinnati area and the Reds were not on TV till later. Why could I not see the Yankees game? I don't understand the value of the fox stations if I can't watch what the show on the program guide when it is on. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks,

M!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand. I have the Sports Pack and the game shows on my Guide but I can't view it. Same tonight. I can't watch any of the other games not even the Nets game which is a different sport. Do you think something is wrong with my programming? I can see the Reds right now though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You are blacked out of all professional sports not local to you. If you want to see out of market games, you need to subscribe to MLB Extra Ininngs or NFL Sunday Ticket etc. You will be able to watch any rebroadcasts of the games on Yes, but no live games. So to answer your questions, no, there is nothing wrong with your programming and yes the sports pack is worthless.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew there was a reason I wasn't paying for the sports pack to begin with. It's because it sucks. What a stupid package. Will I get the Reds games with the MLB package?

Thanks for the help.

M!

·
Registered
17,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by flfmmqp
What is TT Plus? How much do you spend a month?
Sorry, I meant TC Plus, as in Total Choice Plus.

$9.95/month UTV

$39.99/month TC Plusw/locals

$39.00/month HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, Showtime, TMC

Total: $88.94/month

Add - $5.34/month Tax (6% Connecticut tax)

Grand Total: $94.28

Here is what I would have paid for the whole kit:

$9.95/month UTV

$87.99/month TC Premiere (includes the movie channels + the Sports Pack)

Total: $97.94

Add - $5.88/month Tax

Grand Total: $103.82

So it's actually more than $7.00 a month I save. It's actually $9.54/month. I was thinking of the figures I worked out when I was seeing if getting TC Premiere was worth saving $5/month if I got a D-TiVo. As it is now, the savings almost pays for my UTV. Even if I had a TiVo with TC Premiere, I would still be paying more for that then if I paid the $5 a month and kept my current package.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by flfmmqp
I knew there was a reason I wasn't paying for the sports pack to begin with. It's because it sucks. What a stupid package. Will I get the Reds games with the MLB package?

Thanks for the help.

M!
It's different in each market depending on which Regional Sports Network carries your local teams' games. From your previous posts, it sounds like the Reds are on Fox. If you cancel Sports Pack, you still get to keep your local RSN. If the RSN for your zip code is that Fox sportsnet, you will get the Reds games. I'm screwed in Philly because Comcast has all the local teams and isn't required to offer it on DTV.

You can compare the different DTV packages at:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/...Comparison.jsp

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello all-

Long time listener, first time caller...lol

First, I just want to say what a great forum this is! Although I dont usually post, I find great tips and info here, and I really appreciate the knowledge.

I subscribe to DTV's highest level of service. Since I live in Denver, but I am originally from Chicago, I find the sports pak to be quite useful. I get to watch the Chicago Sports report at night, and hear insight into my teams that I wouldnt get from Fox Sports Rocky Mtn. The sports pack also includes some other channels that you wouldnt get with just the local RSN. Like Fox Sports World(ever watch Pub Darts?? Those guys are amazing), and the Outdoor Channel(not to be confused with OLN).

Anyway, is the Sports pack worthless?? It depends on your situation!

·
Registered
9 Posts
agreed, I'm n avid fan of UK premier league soccer and fox sports world is about the only vehicle that delivers it, so I also value the sports pack - I hate paying for all these "extras" though UTV, Movies, sports, HDTV....I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know, if you call DirecTV and ask for the Customer Retention Package, they will give you a $20.00 per month credit for 6 months. I just got the Total Choice Premier package w/locals for $87.99 - $20.00(credit) = $67.99 per month + $9.99 for UTV. After the 6 months are up, you can just switch back to Total Choice Plus or whatever package you want. This will get you through baseball season!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.