AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Direct TV reciever that has rgb out. I would like Hughes if they make it. What are the known models with RGB?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hughes only offers one HD Directv STB, the E86. It doesn't have RGB out. It only has component out for HD and s-video out and composite out for SD.

·
Super Moderator
18,503 Posts
If you dig around, you might could find a Zenith DTV 1080. Or you could buy one of the new ones and trade with me even-steven . I THINK the RCA DTC-100s do that. Again, a discontinued box you'd have to dig around for.

Doc

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Munky that was the only one I found on the web that has rgb out. Anyone own the Samsung? Can you give me your impressions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Anyone own the Samsung? Can you give me your impressions.
I've got the TS-160; got it a couple of weeks ago. I'm using the RGB output to connect to a Samsung 42" plasma w/ RGB inputs. Seems to be very user-friendly so far; picture is good; OTA reception is strong; lots of features. There's a separate thread on the TS-160 and some issues people have been having with it. I would check out that thread before buying. I did NOT, but have so far not had any problems with it. If you PM me with more specific questions I'd be glad to give you as much detail as you'd like.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i love my samsung. for value and performance i give it five stars. however, i only paid 225 for it during bestbuy's sale. any problems you may have heard about it are apparently soon (very) to be corrected by a firmware update through directv. although this may very well be a common feature among STB's I like the fact that it adds the channels received over the air into the channel lineup and provides a guide just as it does for Directv programming. you can PM me for any specific questions.............

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
The TS160 works for me, but I had to use component jacks. The RGB wouldn't work on my RGB TV jack. I really like this STB, although it has many many issues which you may find unacceptable with your setup. Read the TS160 issues thread HERE .

Whatever STB you choose, make sure you buy from a place that allows returns, in case it doesn't meet your needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.