Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

forgive me if this has been posted before. If you can provide any links, i would appreciate it.

as i was putting together a shopping list for a new htpc, i hit upon a novel epiphany: i already own one! i am the proud owner of a directivo unit (philips dsr700). i figure: why not leverage this machine rather than purchasing separate hardware in the way of motherboards, remotes, sound/video cards, etc.? here's what i'd like to do:

increase the functionality of my directivo by incorporating a music server.

i have already purchased two maxtor 120gb hard drives which i hope to place into my stb in raid 0 configuration. all i need is a friendly interface to access the music. ideally i could just use the mythmusic module of the mythtv package. is there a way to use just this module without mythtv? i would prefer to access it directly from the tivo ui. is it possible to hack the ui to allow me to directly run mythmusic? that would provide a seamless integration with a third-party application, while allowing me to basically keep my viewing habits unchanged.

has anyone explored this avenue in the past? what would be the ideal partitioning? are there any gotchas i should worry about? the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is the difficulty in adding new music to the server. hopefully, though, i hope to have the directivo unit networked with my laptop which should make it easy to transfer files over.

thanks in advance for your comments,

bA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.