Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have notice this problem with WinDVD over the past few days.

I am not sure whether it is the Audigy2 or Windows XP or WinDVD.

Selecting waveout in the tweaker as output, WinDVD runs really choppy, like 99% CPU usage.

But all channels work correclty.

Selecting DirectSound which usually works fine, WinDVD runs really smooth, with 15% CPU usage.

But only front left and front right channels play.

Also running the Creative Mixer Channel test.

When WinDVD is closed, all channels are played.

When WinDVD is loaded with waveout, all channels play correctly.

when WinDVD is loaded with directsound, even though it says, rear left etc, I only hear front left, front right.

I am running Direct X 8.2 with the audigy2 drivers that came with it.

Anyone have this problem at all???

Mark

·
Registered
456 Posts
Is WinDVD choppy full-time using Waveout or just for the first few seconds of playback? If the latter then this is a common problem with Waveout. In general, these choppiness problems are audio related.

I suggest you try and get Directsound working - try searching on here for more info on your audigy2 drivers (don't have it myself)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.

Well waveout seems to be real slow all the time. Like when I change from fullscreen to windowed mode, it goes really slowly.

I found a fix for directsound - intervideo windvd - running xp sp1 from microsoft but it didnt help a bit.

It used to happen actually with my old sblive. I am pretty sure now that its xp sp1.

Come on Microsoft!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Might be worth trying older versions of WinDVD as well, if you still have them available. You might need to use an Installshield compiler like ISD (search the web for isd.zip) to extract just the audio filter.

I presume you are using SPDIF, or do you have problems with all sound output options?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

I am using analog out as my speakers dont have digital inputs on them.

It is a problem with windows or directsound because the same problem occurs in Creative Mediasource.

Only 2 channels play sometimes.

I will let y'all know if i get it fixed as I know there are others suffering from this too.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.