AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having both DirectTivo & a DST3000 hooked up I find the tivo shows lines on my TV (56H80)especially during closeups & when the color red is present but the DST shows no such lines. Any idea why? Anyone else with a tivo notice this? Not a BIG deal but this forum is probably the only place on the planet I could actually get an intelligent answer.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm not familiar with the DST3000, but most HD capable STBs can do an upconversion of the signal to a higher resolution. I'm pretty sure the TiVo does not. Also, do you have the DST3000 connected through component or VGA and the TiVo connected with S-Video. These might be a couple of reasons why the picture is different.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
209 Posts
tivo's in particular (as PVR's) seem to have a problem wherein some receivers/programs/locations/who knows cause what I will call a color saturation shift (since I don't know what it really is). Basically, regular colors suddenly shift to other primaries. So you'll get a red line in the middle of an otherwise yellow background, for example.

Since I think this is a TiVo problem, your best bet is to post this on the TiVo boards. Though I don't think anything with any real knowledge has ever posted anything other than speculation, I may be wrong.

dinesh

------------------

DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

·
Registered
209 Posts
whoa, upon further review I'm not sure this is what you were talking about. You're talking about visible scan lines maybe? Or are the lines you're seeing oriented vertically? In any case, sorry about that.

dinesh

------------------

DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the DST hooked up via component & s-video. I watch using s-video (480) unless of course watching 1080 material. S-video gives me a cleaner picture while watching SDTV. DST is cabled directly to tv while the Tivo runs to receiver then to tv.

Yes, I believe what I see would be considered scan lines. Video equipment is about a month old so I am somewhat ignorant to some of the terms used. Thank you for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.