AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried finding some info on DirecTV's web site about adding extra receivers. I have had my system since 1996, using two receivers. I would like to know if they still charge for more than 2 and what is required to allow more receivers on my dual LNB?

I read some posts about a mult-switch. Are there differences in the types of switches? Does DirecTV still charge for each receiver? What I really want is a receiver with with two tuners to watch and record different channels at the same time in both rooms (total of 4 tuners/2 receivers).

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
D* still charges about $5 for each extra receiver.

You need a multi-switch to have more than two tuners on your dish. You would need a two or three input. The two inputs are connect to the LNB and the optional third input connects to an OTA antenna. There are also 4 and 5 input switches. Two inputs connect to the LNB pointed at the 101 satellite and two inputs connect to the LNB pointed at the 119 satellite. The optional fifth input is for an OTA antenna.

You need either a DirecTiVo or UltimateTV for dual tuners. DirecTiVos are in short supply right now with rumors of the DirecTiVo II out in the fall. There are some great deals on U-TV now.

-Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.