AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to grab listings from DirectTV's site and load that into WiRNS?

For some asinine reason, the listings that replay uses no longer has any of the NHL games in the guide (although it did for the first two weeks of the season). Kinda kills the major reason for getting the Replay....

I'd like to use the WiRNS tool to augment the guide data so that I can use the replay the way it was meant to be..... I have an old PC that I was thinking of setting up as a WiRNS proxy, but before I go through the hassle of setting it all up, I'd like to know how one loads the data into it? I can look at the upcoming schedule at NHL Center Ice , but how does one load this (preferably with no intervention) into WiRNS? Will I need to generate some kind of parser code to read the web page and format the data or does something like that already exist?

Thanks

T

·
Registered
249 Posts
The installation and setup is described in the readme included in the WiRNS package and additional setup assistance in the WiRNS 0.7 thread.

You will have to setup XMLTV and make sure the guide information you want is available to you from Zap2it first.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Zadkiel
You will have to setup XMLTV and make sure the guide information you want is available to you from Zap2it first.

herein the rub - zap2it does not carry the sports subscriptions.... The only place that I have found that carries the upcoming schedule is the DirectTV site, unless you know of others.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know there was talk about looking at multiple sources for the WiRNS database, but I'm not sure if the next version will have it or it's never going to happen.

kjac is being quiet about the next release. Based on this, I would expect it to be more than we expect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.