AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try hardbooting the receiver by unplugging power from the wall about ten minutes, then plugging back in. Sometimes there's a memory or processor lockup, similar to the occasional crashes we all get with our computers, that makes receivers behave "funny". Another diagnostic you can try is to access the tech service menu by simultaneously and precisely pressing the "Down" and "Info" buttons at the receiver, not the remote. Once in, there is a system test you can run that, among other things, includes a check of system and video memory integrity.

[This message has been edited by Ray H (edited 04-10-2001).]

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With mine it usually refreshes within 10 seconds at most. Sometimes it's delayed a bit, but nothing near what you're going through - just a few extra seconds. Have you tried the reboot and/or the memory check?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a similiar problem until I selected one of the scouts. It didn't matter what was in the scout just that it was selected. I am assuming you have a dual-sat system. I did not have any problem until I added the second dish.

Jim

------------------

Jim Sanchez - [email protected]

·
Registered
219 Posts
I too have been having this problem. If I try to go forward in the guide, it won't pick up any of the programming. Very annoying. Tonight I will try the hard boot to see if that works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I open up the DirectTV Guide, for about 20 seconds it only lists the shows currently on. Then it slowly fills in the shows that will start in 30 minutes, the next hour, and so on. It takes 5-10 minutes to fill out the entire guide.

Is this normal experience for this receiver? My old RCA receiver always had an up-to-date guide in memory.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mikeadamsvt,

Are you noticing this problem when you've been watching OTA for a period of time, then come back to the guide for DSS input?

Derek

------------------

Derek J. Nolan -- [email protected] -- My DVDs

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hmm, Unplugging my unit overnight seems to have fixed my guide.

I didn't have delays, they didn't even come up. Or I lost patience and turned off the guide before they came up. Several times I waited for a minute or more. I only had problems when I tried to move forward in the guide.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Sanchez:
I had a similiar problem until I selected one of the scouts. It didn't matter what was in the scout just that it was selected. I am assuming you have a dual-sat system. I did not have any problem until I added the second dish.

Jim
Activating one of the scouts fixed it for me also.

jdg

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I have similar behavior here. I have noticed that when switching back from OTA the DirecTV guide shows the programming that was in-force the last time I was in DirecTV mode. This usually fixes itself in a minute or so, but seems odd and somewhat disconcerting.

Since it always gets itself back in a reasonable timeframe I have never considered this much of a problem; and usually I know where I'm going anyway....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried unplugging for 10 minutes....guide still delays as before. This affects some channels more than others. Channel 509 for instance, the guide will list the current movie but just says "Acquiring information" for any programming in the future. Then after a few seconds the next showing will be listed in the guide, but it takes a good 45 seconds to fill in the program beyond that one.

This does not appear to be specific to switching between the off-air guide and the satellite guide. This happens even when the receiver has been turned on & set to DirecTV for several hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.