AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently paying an arm and a leg for DirectTV and want to cut costs. I find myself only watching HD stuff anyway. What package has the HBOHD channel and some basic other channels??

------------------

Kent Oberlin
www.koberlinstudios.com

for HT pics!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I get the HBO ala carte package for only $12/month from Direct TV.

In addition to the SD HBO channels, I get HBO HD (509), HD PPV/Demo (199), Sundance (549), as well as some Spanish and religious programming.

Basically, the receiver stays on channel 509 for 95% of my viewing. The only 5% is to flip to the demo channel if someone comes over and wants to see 90 minutes of 1080i broadcasting.

Do a search here and at Home Theater Spot. Myself and others have discussed this $12/month package at length.

------------------

Jon
Home_Theater_Pics
My_DVD_Profiler

·
Registered
461 Posts
I to have HBO a la carte. I was paying for a ton of channels that I never used. This is a great way to get what I want without having to spend $50 a month to get it. Other wise I would just have to cancel altogher.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I ordered HBO A la Carte for $12 a month and also receive the same things mentioned in the post above. Contrary to some claims it does allow you to order PPV including HD PPV on 199.

Some people end up paying $18 by paying an access fee of $5.95.

You should be aware that the DirecTV CSR's do not understand this situation. They have been trained to sell big expensive packages not satisfy the needs to HD customers.

To get this deal, you have to insist on HBO a la carte for $12 per month. Ask for a supervisor if necessary. You will eventually get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.