AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apartment complex offers Direct TV service through SBC Video Services (part of Southwestern Bell). I use my own box which is a Panasonic TUHDS20...

About five months ago, I was able to receive HBO HD (channel 508)...It stopped about two months later.

Then I was able to receive HD Pay per View (channel 198). I even have a bill showing that I ordered Minority Report on channel 198. This stopped about a month ago.

When I emailed customer service, they told him that there was no way I should be receiving the signal since they are not using the oval dish.

I doubt I have any options with SBC, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Those channels used to be on the main satellite (101 degrees W) for a while some time ago. This must have coincided with you being able to get them, as you would not have needed the oval dish.

They have since been moved back to the secondary satellite (119 degrees W) and now require an oval dish again.

You just happened across them during the brief time that they were receivable with a round dish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.