AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently Purchased a 51" Hitachi S500 and I am using basic cable right now channels look good on some but otheres look bad, will I see I big Improvment going to sat? Withch should I go with If I do? Dish has a deal now where i can get a PVR and dish and install for $50, Anything I should know about this?? any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I HAD to have a Tivo, since I've been a hopelessly addicted Tivo user for several years.

That meant DirectTV. It's extra cool because the DirectTivo has two tuners in it, so it can record two channels at the same time or you can watch one channel while ti records another.

So far I'm happy as a clam with it.

I played with the DishNet PVR and I just didn't like them as much as the Tivo.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Dish Network is far better than DirectTV. Go to both web sites and look up the programming packages and check out the prices. Find which one best suits you.

Also Dish us much better suited for HDTV. If you hold off for a few weeks (about mid to late Oct) dish will be installing new SuperDish satellite service which can see more transponders (more programming) than DirectTV. Both services subsidize new customers, so get the most you can when you first sign up. After that, you have to pay.

·
Registered
597 Posts
dishnetwork has an outstanding DVR system that will record up to 100 hours of programming with timeshift and pause.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the Dish PVR doesn't need a tele connection, so they are not capturing your viewing habits. Also, no monthly fee. But, please verify this with Dish before deciding...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.