AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a ReplayTV unit work with DirectTv satellite, or does DirectTv make their own PVR (DVR) that must be used with it?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yes, but if you only use DirecTV you may be better off with a DirecTivo. It has built in dual-tuners and better picture quality. The drawbacks of a DirecTivo are no commercial skip, show sharing and only works with DirecTV.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have 2 "older" Sony Sat B 50 receiver boxes on Directv. One is slaved to a Replay 3060 (3360) & the other to a 4532. No complaints here. The DirecTivo is often part of a DTv package & pretty cheap. The signal goes straight through, so it is not diminished.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I should also add that I have 2 Replays (Showstopper and 4080) hooked up to Sony DTV receivers and they work flawlessly.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have a Replay 5000 and it is hooked up to my Sony A65-A receiver and it works great! I had a hard time deciding between the two... but Replay won out cause I love the hardware -- and all the options I have with it! I have wished at times to be able to record multiple things at once... but oh well - it can be looked at like a VCR... can't do it with them anyway!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have always used my Replays with DirecTV receivers and have never had a problem. Make sure you check the FAQ to see if your receiver works with serial control, as that is the most reliable method of control. In three years, I've never had a channel changing problem with a DirecTV receiver.

I also have a DirecTiVo, but it's used very infrequently...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.