AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called dtv and they are swapping my old panny rec. TU-HDS20 for a new one for free.I just have to send back the panny within 7 days.They could'nt tell me which receiver i'll be getting only that it' s a comparable one.Does anyone know which receiver they'll probably send me.I dont know which ones they have now.Just for info i really liked the PQ of the panasonic but the fan noise was really getting to me,and it's also pretty big about the size of Denon dvd player.I'll only be using the component connection.Hope someone can advise.thanks

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The H10 seems to be the model everyone is getting now though Directv has a bunch of refurbed Samsung TS360's left so it will probably be one of those two.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Problably a H10, that's what I got when they swapped one for me. It's much smaller comparing to the others HD receivers(Sony, LG, Samsung, Panny), rather plain look but picture wise it's pretty good, the menu is cool and most of all, no fan so that will fit in your need. ;)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kind of told them that i was having problems with the receiver and also that i really didnt want to go to cable and asked what was d willing to do for me.I think, i'm not sure but i think i did have the protection plan.It is a very old receiver.Any how they put me on hold and went to speak to a sup i guess and was told i'll get the new rec.and just ship back the old.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I ended up with a TS360. Had to push for it though... My HTL-HD lost OTA recpetion and was under a Hughes out-of-box extended warranty. D* wanted to send me an H10 but that doesn't work with ReplayTv. After 5 calls and 2 managers, I got what I wanted for $16.99 (shipping). Believe it or not, I now get double the OTA HD channels I ever received with the Hughes. Since I'm so far down the DMA list, this is a nice surprise...

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm getting my Sony HD-100 replaced tomorrow with a new unit for zip (99 cost - 100 rebate). Had to b**** my way through but once I got to retention dept had no problem with the swap. Installer will also check everything as part of deal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I also had the Panny TU-HDS20 and it had the BEST picture of any set top box so far. My Samsung 360 has been rock-solid for over a year and a half, but I miss the picture on the Panny! You will like the 360.....(I sure don't miss the fan)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i got the h10 last week still have to return the panasonic TU-HDS20.Nice not hearing the fan noise.One thing maybe you guys can advise me on.My display is a panasonic 36hx40 4:3 hd tv that does the "squeeze".On the h10 should i set it to 16:9 or 4:3.I've been going back & forth cant seem to decide which is the best.Also on the panny i had it set to 16:9 and evrytime i changed channel it would display in the proper resolution.With the h10 it seems i sometimes need to hit the "format" on the remote.In other words on the panny if it was 4:3 it would display 4:3 if hd it would display 16:9.Not with the h10.what am i doing wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.