AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse me for being confused but... I just bought and installed a Hughes combo DTV/TIVO box, I realize that I cannot use this for HDTV. However I did install an 18X24 dish with built in multiswitch that has two additional leads I am not using. Am I correct in understanding that all I would need to do is buy a HD STB and use one of the remaining leads from my oval dish? Also does anybody know how DTV would charge me, right now I have Platnium Total Choice, will I be required to pay 90$ again to get HD programming. I ask this question on this forum because I feel confident that I will get a more accurate answer here than from DTV!

------------------

Terry

GXCEBOT

·
Registered
219 Posts
You should only be charged an additional $5.00, for each extra reciever under the same account.

[This message has been edited by jafo (edited 09-19-2001).]

·
Registered
734 Posts
To answer your first question, yes, you only need to buy a HD DirecTV receiver and run another cable from the multiswitch on the dish to the new receiver. Then you just call DirecTV and tell them that you are adding an additional receiver and they will bill you an additional $5.00/month for the second receiver.

------------------

Tom

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5 (126 hours)

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5

Sony SAN-24MD 24" elliptical dish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.