AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What are the differences between 3 LNB satellite dish versus the 5 LNB dish for Directv in terms of coax outputs and HD reception capability (I know the 5 LNB has 4 outputs and can be used for HD and HD DVR). Also can you take a 2 LNB on an oval dish and swap the LNB out to a 3 LNB?

Thanks,

Preston

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
All have 4 outputs. The 5LNB is required for local HD where available and for the new channels that will be added after two new satellites go up later this year. Evenutally, it will be needed for all HD programming via the dish. Don't play with a 2LNB dish at this stage of the game. You can probably get a dish upgrade for less than a Sat C kit which has problems of its own.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonD /forum/post/0

Hi,

What are the differences between 3 LNB satellite dish versus the 5 LNB dish for Directv

I wouldn't even mess with any of the old dishes.. the latest 5 LNB dish, model #

AU-9S Rev 1b, is much better construction and offers superior performance. (If properly installed). I'm impressed with mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.