AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been beat to death... but I just got a new Hughes DirecTV receiver (the basic director pack) which does not have a serial port. I have set up the IR Blaster to run the box. The receiver seems to use 4-digit channel numbers, so a channel change to ESPN runs quicker if 0206 is entered. Is there a way to configure the Replay to input more than 3 digits on a channel change? Right now I get a couple of seconds of recording before the channel change happens. I tried to configure the DirecTV receiver to accept a 3-digit channel, but have had no luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can’t remember if it will do 4 specifically, but there is an advanced panel hidden in the setup. Check the FAQ to see if there are instructions, but I believe you press “replay zones†in one of the setup screens.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
From an old copy of the FAQ, with some edits to address your question:

On the Inputs Setup screen labeled Code Set Selection (or Cable Box Brand), hit Zones. This will give you a screen with fine tune adjustments.

One of the adjustments is minimum digits to send;I _THINK_ 4 is a valid entry:

Enable Fine Tuning: Yes

Codeset: [whatever]

Send Enter: Yes

Minimum digits to send: 4

Inter-action delay: 0400ms

Response delay: 0200ms

Pre-command delay: 0400ms

Inter-command delay: 0401ms

If you are tweaking for your own device, here's what we think each item means (SOME OF THESE ARE GUESSES):

Send Enter

Determines whether or not to send the Enter key on your cable box or satellite receiver's remote

Minimum digits to send

Let's say you are trying to go to channel 2. If MDTS is 0 or 1, Replay will send "2". If it's 2, it will send "02". If it's 3 it will send "002" and so on.

Inter-action delay

This is the time between the pressing of each digit. Increasing this number often helps if you are dropping digits (recording channel 13 instead of 123).

Response delay

Puts up a black screen while doing the channel change so you don't see the blue "no video signal" screen. It is completely safe to monkey with this value, decreasing it to see more of your show or increasing it so you don't see the channel banner generated by your satellite receiver or digital cable box.

Pre-command delay

How long Replay waits between sending a wake up signal and the first digit. Increase this if your box often misses the first digit in a channel change.

Inter-command delay

This one is a bit unclear. Is it the time between the last digit and Enter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.