AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to customer support today to see if any high definition was going to be put on the new satellite at 7.5 degrees west. Disappointingly, the answer was no - just more local channels.

I say disappointingly as all other DirecTv HD is on 110 and 119 - way too low in the sky for many of us east coasters.

I had heard earlier that they were going to put high def on this satellite - has anyone else heard anything on this?

· Registered
186 Posts
Nope - all statements from DirecTV have stated that the 72.5 satellite location will be used only for locals.

I also don't recall any rumors even being posted that 72.5 would contain HD. There were some "what if...?" postings on these forums where people hypothesized situations where DirecTV might use 72.5 for HD. However, I never saw any substantial rumors from people claiming (or known) to be connected inside DirecTV.

Current rumors and statements point to future HD coming from several satellite positions raging from 99 to 119 degrees.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
You have a better shot at getting 110 & 119 on the east coast than the west coast has of gettting E* 61.5 bird. FCC sez 101,110,119 are the only U.S. DBS slots with full CONUS coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.