AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since UVerse dropped ESPN3D, I've decided to make the switch to D*. I think I remember reading in the past that the D* sends the signal to 3D TVs that will make them autoswitch into SbS/TnB modes (Uverse doesn't do this). Is this correct?


I would be using the following configuration: D* Box -> Pioneer AVR (HDMI 1.4) -> Panasonic VT20
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
I'm not sure if the Pioneer receiver will cause you issues or not, but both of my sets autodetect 3D content via DirecTV instantly. I have the satellite receiver connected directly to the TVs via HDMI and then run the audio cable to the receiver from the TV.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,935 Posts
Yes it does. D* sends all 3D in SbS format. Depending on your Pioneer receiver, you might have difficulty with ESPN 3D and will need to go directly to the TV instead of through the AVR, since 720p SbS is an optional format. See various discussions regarding ESPN here and at DBStalk.


S~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac /forum/post/20774147


Yes it does. D* sends all 3D in SbS format. Depending on your Pioneer receiver, you might have difficulty with ESPN 3D and will need to go directly to the TV instead of through the AVR, since 720p SbS is an optional format. See various discussions regarding ESPN here and at DBStalk.


S~

So I've done a bit of research, and let me get this straight. The 720SbS that D* sends is an optionally supported format.


My TV which is a panny VT20, supports it, but my AVR will not, so I'll have to bypass to see this channel.


Do the Onkyo AVRs (609) support it? I plan on picking up the new panny 3d projector once it's released along with one of these AVRs, and want to make sure I'll have support through the AVR.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs /forum/post/20774514


So I've done a bit of research, and let me get this straight. The 720SbS that D* sends is an optionally supported format.


My TV which is a panny VT20, supports it, but my AVR will not, so I'll have to bypass to see this channel.


Do the Onkyo AVRs (609) support it? I plan on picking up the new panny 3d projector once it's released along with one of these AVRs, and want to make sure I'll have support through the AVR.

I believe so. I traded in my Pioneer for the Denon 2112 and absoluetely love it. It works flawlessly.


S~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs
So since UVerse dropped ESPN3D, I've decided to make the switch to D*. I think I remember reading in the past that the D* sends the signal to 3D TVs that will make them autoswitch into SbS/TnB modes (Uverse doesn't do this). Is this correct?


I would be using the following configuration: D* Box -> Pioneer AVR (HDMI 1.4) -> Panasonic VT20
It won't work, at least it doesn't on my vsx-33. Pioneer says it's D* and not them. Just espn3d and cinema-3d.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top