AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the DirecTV plus system recently installed for two receivers and combined the cable signal with the sat signal using an Aspen Eagle dual diplexer. Results are satisfactory on the RCA receiver but not so good on the DST-3000. I would expect the picture to be worse since it is a better tv, but the biggest problem is that when I switch from a sat 119 channel (like 509) to cable channel, there is a significant amount of noise. I can then switch to a 101 channel (like 100) and the noise goes away. I am using the DST's internal diplexer. Does anyone know if using an external diplexer solve this? Also, other than running a separate cable, is there any other way to improve the cable signal's general (without noise) picture quality - such as an amp before dual diplexer? Thanks for any help.

Barclay

·
Registered
780 Posts
I believe the DST-3000 really wants the Sat and Antenna diplexed on the Satellite input, and the cable separately on the "In from Ant" input. Try de-diplexing the signal and feeding the 2 inputs on the DST-3000 separately.

Cable will never look as good through the DST-3000 as it does direct into the TV as it is upconverted to 1080i which introduces a lot of softness.

Tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.