AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call last week from DirecTV to see if I wanted to upgrade my oval dish with a sat-C LNB. $50.00 installed. They said it would be needed for future HD programming with require it. But they had NO info on what channels were being added.

That's pretty ballsy to be asking people to spend $50 to upgrade their dish for channels that they don't offer yet. But since it is installed at that price I agreed... getting on my roof is dangerous and I want to make sure I get ESPN HD when/if they offer it.

Of course, they didn't make their appointment last Saturday and didn't offer any kind of discount for making me stay home when they weren't coming.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Why wait until the last minute? When the channels are announced there will be a back order on the C kits and those installers will be booked solid.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. But it would be nice if they could at least tell you what was in store in HD on DirecTV when they are selling you the upgrade.

I wonder if the negotiations for ESPN HD will go through the year and into the next. Wouldn't be surprising.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
Old news.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.