AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D* (DirecTv) is currently running an "informational channel" on 82. They are rotating 4 slides which provide some information on the availability of the national CBS HD feeds which are on channels 80/81 in some markets

OT, but the timing is great for the game

·
Registered
441 Posts
I called and got my waiver and now have channel 80. Apparently the Philadelphia market is very friendly to Directv and I had no trouble at all getting it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Could be the start of MORE HD on Directv...here in LA, channel 81 = CBS Hi Def. Anybody know when the REST of the networks will arrive???

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Only Fox is coming for now... And only viewers in the owned-and-operated markets can expect either CBS or Fox. In our market, we'll get CBS (O&O), but not Fox (not O&O).

Dave, I don't believe you got a "waiver" in the typical sense; I'm pretty sure Philly is O&O... nearly all the largest markets are.

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
I wonder why NBC and ABC don't follow suit?

·
Registered
441 Posts
To waiver or not to waiver

I'm only quoting what the Directv special programs agent told me. He "put in a waiver request for me"

Their language not mine. We really didn't get to the subject of O&O stations vs. not - ha ha ha

I think if I asked for HD CBS and I said I'm in an O&O market I would get awkward pauses from the custormer care rep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.