AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
DirecPC and DirecWay are the services offered via satellite. DirecPC requires modem for uplading but DirecWay doesnt since its a 2 way service to compete with Starband (E* satellite internet provider)

Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
Had it for about 4 months.

not as fast as my cable modem was.

they have many more outages than roadrunner EVER had.

$50 a month is steep.

As soon as the cable company upgrades the sub-devision I'm in now, I'm going back to cable.. (Modem that is) :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had directv dsl for 4 months and have been totally satisfied. I am six blocks from the CO and get nearly 1.7Mbps download. The gateway/router is easy to install and supports DHCP with 4 IP addresses. I think its a winner...compared to Pac Bell.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've got it as well. I've had it since it was Telocity (DirecTV bought Telocity). It works well. I've had a cable modem and DSL and I'd probably side with the cable modem, but a good DSL connection isn't bad.

Some of the benefits of DirecTV-DSL (Telocity):

* Static IP

* No PPPoE

* Web-based email checking

Yes, DirecTV-DSL is a stupid name. It has nothing to do with TV or satellites which the name implies. I wish they would have just bought it and left the name Telocity.

Good luck,

Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.