AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am receiving a f38310 later this week, and I am curious as to the best or better yet, most economical way to get a hold of the elliptical dish required for HDTV programming via Directv. Should I get a package where I receive a free receiver? or just the dish alone with an installation kit?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Many people got their elliptical dish through Blockbuster. Sign up for one year and get a dish and receiver. Tell them you want to subscribe to Para Todos and they give you the elliptical dish including installation. You don't actually have to subscribe to Para Todos.

·
Registered
589 Posts
if the methods mentioned dont work you can get one @ walmart online w/ a reciever (130 + shipping)and just sell the reciever on ebay. I just ordered mine yesterday and i plan to sell the reciever as soon as i get it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can also try www.americansatellite.com. They seem to have several HD receivers with elliptical dishes in a package deal for under $600. (RCA DTC100 and Phillips DSHD800R. I haven't ordered yet, so I can't comment on their service.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Unfortunately, Walmart was selling these as close-outs, at least here in California.

They have "gone to the dark side". They're now selling the Dish Network. Does Dish have HD yet, or are they waiting for the DTV merger?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am a directv subscriber. I called them and told them I had purchased a directv hdtv receiver and needed to get the wider dish to view hdtv programming. They gave me the $12.95 deal and through in the Sat C Kit for an additional $6. This also came with installation free. (Except the guys they sent to install knew very little about my Hughes E-86 connections.

Regardless all I had to do was guarantee them my total choice package would be continued ($31 a month) for the next 12 months.

Just to let you know I had to call more than once. The first customer service rep told me there was no such deal available.

So keep trying with Directv it will pay off in the end.

Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.