AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a Sony SAT HD200 to receive DirecTV and local OTA analog and digital channels. The HD200 downloads Guide information from DirecTV for local OTA (based upon zip code) and for DirecTV channels. The DirecTV guide has accurate information for all the local OTA analog channels but we have 2 digital channels broadcasting in our area and the Guide has incorrect info for both. The ABC digital station changed the channel number it broadcasts on last September but the DirecTV Guide still lists it under the old number and the CBS digital station which began broadcasting in November is not listed at all. A channel search finds these channels but no programming information is listed on the Guide. It only says "Regular Programming" in all time slots for those station numbers.

I have been trying without success to get DirecTV to fix this for six months. I have sent numerous emails to DirecTV via the "feedback" link on their website but the responses indicate they do not understand what I am talking about. Follow up emails do not help. They keep trying to tell me it is a problem with my equipment, but I know it is not. I have tried calling DirecTV customer service several times, also with no luck. I do not believe any CSR at DirecTV knows that it is possible to obtain OTA Guide information. Frankly, I am tired of trying to explain it to them.

Does anyone know who or what department at DirecTV is responsible for the Guide and how to contact them directly without going through a CSR? I would very much like to get this fixed so that I can delete all the extra analog and incorrect channels from my Custom Guide list and make my Guide much less cluttered.

In fairness to DirecTV, I also tried contacting the two local stations and they didn't know what I was talking about either.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The information is correctly listed on other sites, such as Titantv.com, HDTV Galaxy and others. All I am trying to do is make DirecTV aware of the mistake so they can correct it, but finding someone who even understands that they provide this information in the Guide seems impossible.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Here In Jacksonville, All but 3 of our digital sations have proper guide information. The other 3 have the "regular programming" in the guide. I shared the information in the following link with the Chief engineer over two of those stations, and he's looking into it...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show...threadid=250769

I've got the same symptoms of the issue in that link-- I've got dashes in the OTA channel identifier in the data stream. BTW-for these stations, Titantv is fine.

I'll post back if this is the solution to my problem.

--Bill

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Some boxes pick up the PSIP data if there is no info in the DirecTv database. The Hughes built units don't though. I've read here that Zap2it which has a web page at zap2it.com provides the info to DirecTV for the guide. [email protected] was reported to be the email address which accepts corrections to their listings.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cdharris
I can't get the link to work. If you will post as text instead of a URL I will cut and paste. Thanks.
Never mind. I found it with a "search" and posted a reply. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.